Monday, March 2, 2009

Food Choices: Photo Journal - Day 18

Breakfast - you can always tell when I sleep in: no oatmeal. :-) This was served with milk: Heart to Heart cereal, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries (commercially-frozen), and vanilla yogurt. Also had green tea and vitamins. I'm just bursting with healthy!

3/2/09 - Breakfast

Lunch at my desk again ... but I brought something better than last week's bran muffin (NEVER doing the bran muffin again!). Whole wheat pita, hummus, and tomato - tasty and good for me.

3/2/09 - Lunch

Dinner in two parts: Salad and mushroom/truffle flatbread. The salad was so good (click for details).

3/2/09 - Dinner salad

3/2/09 - Dinner main dish

The mushroom flatbread was too rich. Half of it is waiting to be lunch or dinner tomorrow, but the flavors are so intense, I may stretch it over a couple more days.

Reflections: To be honest, I usually hold off eating in the evening longer when I'm recording my visual food diary ... and I refrain from eating later ... especially when I've already updated everything. This helps me meet two of my goals, because I feel better overall when I don't eat too late in the evening; and I eat "better" when I refrain from munching when I'm preparing dinner. All-in-all, the experience of logging my food visually continues to have a positive influence on my mindfulness and on my choices.

Dessert: shoulda hada clementine.

3/2/09 - Change of taste

No comments: