Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Food Choices: Photo Journal - Day 7

[As with all my pictures, click on the image and the link will take you to the original on Flickr, where you can read more about it, including the "recipe" for the soup.]

So ... this photo journal is doing good things. Not only am I remembering to take my vitamins and other supplements (although I didn't take a photo today ... I wonder if I could / should use an old one ... I wonder) -- I'm also remembering to do something else that is important for my health, happiness, and well-being ... which I'm hesitant to mention because it's just a little embarrassing, but here goes: with certain foods don't really agree with my body, even though they're good for me in many other ways -- but if I take a few little Beano pills with the meal, I don't suffer NEARLY as much as when I forget. And lately, I'm remembering! So I've been much more comfortable in my own body, as a result. And THAT is the whole point!!!

So -- here's today's visual food journal, complete except for two cups of tea.

2/17/09 - Breakfast on the run 2/17/09 - Lunch at my desk

2/17/09 - Dinner nearly from scratch

Two meals today at my desk -- I'm going to judge that "okay" as long as it's not every day!

One thing I noticed today: no snacking when I got home -- not even while I was cooking supper. Not sure why, just didn't have the urge. Of course, the ingredients were not anything I'd nibble at: raw potatoes (using my Chop Wizard is fun), leftover salsa and pasta sauce, dry TVP, frozen corn and chorizo; but that wouldn't normally stop me from digging in the bag of Dove chocolates (which I didn't) or munching on a piece of bread, cheese, or chips. None of that today.

Hmmmm.... wheat cereal and milk, with extra cinnamon ... a single-serving can of tuna in water plus soapy-tasting pretzels ... combined with two cups of various teas (one DID have caffiene ... is that a factor?) = no snacking before dinner. And I worked extra late (til 5:30) and didn't get home until 6. Interesting.

No comments: