Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts about the New Question

I'm aware that words are getting in my way. Words are what I use to rationalize choices that take me AWAY from my mission of being the best "me" possible at every moment, given the resources I have at hand.

The new question is about tacking toward that goal. Unlike a paved road, the path I'm on is unmarked, like the lanes for marine and air traffic: the navigators are constantly making tiny corrections, based on weather and air and obstacles and other traffic. But eventually, they reach their destination. I need to stay mindful of the destination, and make corrections along the way.

Words are also in the way of my goal of healthy eating ... I'm trying something else. To be more mindful of what I'm eating, I know it helps to keep a food diary -- but I'm either compulsive or lax about things like that. Again, tracking in words those things that go into my body hasn't helped me much -- I'm still not where I want to be. So, starting today, I'm keeping a photo journal of my food choices. Not sure where it will go, but it's a little step toward my goals.

No comments: